Page 115 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115
Results 1,141 to 1,143 of 1143

Your post is very useful can you please help me with the driver download link, the patch related to printer installation is missing in my system.

Hello All,
    I've had a number of interesting builds over the years (1, 2, 3 ) I got excited last night after I found an old beige box down at my shed and decided to clean up my desk and create an open air, suspended, under-desk PC. I've always wanted to overclock my old i5-4670k , but have never been able to due to it being mounted in my old*Cardboard-PC.*I also recently picked up a GTX-690 for cheap, so it was time for a new 'case' for my daily driver. Specs as follows:

• -i5-4670k @4.3GHz (Can boot at 4.4 and 4.5, but just can't get it stable , still happy with the 900MHz overclock on the basic -M-ITX board however.)
      -GA-Z87N-WiFi MoBo
      -8GB DDR3-1600
      -240GB SSD
      -500 GB + 2TB HDD's
      -Gigabyte ODIN Pro 800W PSU
      -Gigabyte GTX-690
      -Intel 2x2 Wireless AC adaptor
      -Noctua NH-U9S CPU Cooler
      -HP $24 wireless keyboard and mouse combo (don't judge me, it works and it's cheap )
      -Energy C5 floor standing front speakers, Bose Satellite Surround
      -Denon AVR-2870 AV receiver using hacked realtek drivers for DTS-Live

The build came together like this: Step1

Find an old beige box and hack out the important mounting hardware and on button

Step2:

Start the layout process on the underside of the desk. Make sure to have marked where the underside table supports go to you don't have clearance issues.

Step3:

Affix the mounting hardware to the table using flat head screws so that you don't have interference issues.

Step4:

Nout your CPU cooler before checking for graphics card clearance (turns out there is about a cigarette papers clearance in this case *between the graphics card, and jusssst enough room to get the cpu power plug in.)

Step5:

Get everything else mounted up and star running cables

Step6:

Remember that everything is going to be hanging from the under side of a desk, so it is important to secure all your cables. Zip-ties and screw-in hooks are your friends here.

Step7:

[img]photobucket.com/albums/ww5/manitoublack/Under%20Desk%20PC/9_zps0akganyh.jpg[/img]
    Very carfully with your mate, turn the desktop over and start hooking up all the power cables and doing your best to manage them

Step8:

Enjoy your cable free desktop and infinitely*expandable hidden PC. Plans in the future are to change out the M-ITX Haswell system for something more modern (probably the next intel revision.) But for now it runs the games I play perfectly well and gives me a large and clean workspace for study and the mining engineering work I do.

Total cost of the build was $12AUD at the hardware store for the screws, hooks and a 4" cutoff angle grinder wheel.
    The PC collects no dust as it's suspended under a desk, nowhere near the floor. Since it's effectively an open air bench, cooling is fantastic. Thus it's extremely quiet during office duties and not bad at all when playing AAA games as the heat just blows away. Thee best bit however is the complete lack of cable clutter on the desk. Both screens have USB hubs in them and you can see the stylish 4-port USB3 port mounted on the right monitor stand.

In the future I have plans for a more 'integrated solution' which will have:
    • -The USB hub mounted flush with the desk.
      -Optical drive mounted vertically with the top flush to the desk
      -Audio jacks for headphones on the front of the desk
      -Power button mounted flush in the desk

Lastly when I get back from my tour at the mine I'll be investing in a Gigabyte G1 Gaming OC GTX1080-Ti

Thanks for reading and enjoy your builds

Regards
    Jordan
    Last edited by JFAllen; 16-04-17 at 09:57 AM.
    (in China) Management has grown accustomed to mistreating the workers, and the workers expect to be mistreated, and barely give it a thought."

hello everyone,
    Probably wouldn't be anyone that remembers me, but I'm back! after 7 years i have a computer once again!

Heres the new rig's specs:
    (not top of the line but plays games at a decent fps and so much better than the last heap i had!)

I purchased it pre-built so theirs a few things im unsure of but the important bits are as follows

Mobo: Gigabyte H270M-D3H
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7600K CPU @ 3.80GHz
    GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 WindForce OC 6GB
    RAM: 8gb of Corsair something ram + Intel Optane 16gb
    HDD1: 240Gb SSD
    HDD2: 1tb HDD
    PSU: Corsair CX-650
    Cooling: Corsair H55 Liquid CPU Cooler
    Case: Corsair Spec-Alpha

Monitor: Asus 23Inch VG236H (3D, 120hz)
    Keyboard: Cooler Master RGB L
    Mouse: Coolermaster RGB L
    Last edited by Deviance; 23-08-17 at 03:12 PM.