Default Blocked games on steam

I've been looking into getting Risen and Drakensang though one of my american friends on steam, but I was a bit concerned when I couldn't run the steam version of the risen demo, as it would instantly exit and say the game isn't available in my region. Is this just for the demo, or if I got the full versions will I not be able to play?

Can someone with a game not currently available on the Australia steam store tell me if it works?

Thanks in Advance

If you receive a gift version it should work perfectly fine.
    9:27 PM - Zaf: moshi moshi, uguuuuuu desu

I got risen form gamersgate when it first came out, so you probably still could but sadly its not a steam game.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-RISEN/risen

but yeah if its a gift form outside aus it will work.

I have Risen on Steam and it works fine.
    I have no idea how I got it though since I never was able to get the proxy thing to work and I can't even view the store page anymore. Was it available in Australian at some stage?
    Being horny is not freedom of speech.
    "pappoiya, pappoiya..." this guy ->

Yeah, I think they made it accidentally available to Australia during a sale.

Not sure I will buy it now though. Can't get the demo to work, any of the demos(Steam, the updated one on the disks, gamersgate) to work. It Shows the splash screen, then the screen goes black, then it goes back to desktop without an error. Tried every trick I could find but nothing worked.
    Last edited by hotron; 01-03-12 at 06:33 PM.

I got gifted versions of both Drakensang and Risen, and they both work fine. The only region locking the games have is that you can't purchase them with an Aussie ip

try buying your games from http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=us Thats how i bought l4d2.

Ive been buying stuff while ive been here, and had no problems, but when i bought l4d2 i put the real street name and number from my credit card, but when it asked for city and zip code, i put Beverley Hills 90210. The card was not rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by RKazza View Post
    If you receive a gift version it should work perfectly fine.
    you mean gifted version is batter than bought version???

I’ve yet to test it, however I heard you may use a flash drive and a laptop that isn’t blocked. You deploy the game at the flash power whilst the usage of the unblocked computer, then placed it in a blocked pc and run it. Again, I’m uncertain if it works, however it might be well worth a shot. Essay Writing Services