Default dual display problem annoyance

ok I am going to try explain what is going on as clearly as I can. I have two monitors that are connected to my R9 280x. Today I attempted to hook up a tv via hdmi. I had the extended desktop which is usually on my second monitor to display on the tv. Which was ok but not exactly what I was trying to do. So I figured I'll just switch back to how I had it and disabled the tv as a display. But when I booted back up to Windows the extended desktop that I had displayed on the tv is now displaying on my main monitor and nothing is being displayed on the second monitor. Its like its in standby mode despite the fact that its connected. And to top it all off I can't access the Catalyst Control Center because it is loading on the main desktop which I cannot see due to the fact that it won't let me. I have un-installed and re-installed the drivers twice and still the problem remains.
    I have had to temporarily disconnect my second monitor because I have no way to see anything if I have it connected.

The first pic is my main monitor which is what I use to play games, watch YouTube, etc. The second pic is my second monitor which is supposed to display on my second monitor but when I plug it in the extended desktop gets displayed on my main monitor and without the icons. The clock, weather, HDD usage, network activity, etc is supposed to display on my second monitor too but it doesn't because I have only main monitor connected for now. I cannot figure out why it won't detect both displays when they're both plugged in.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    No power in the 'verse can stop me.

Quote Originally Posted by Massacher View Post
    ok I am going to try explain what is going on as clearly as I can. I have two monitors that are connected to my R9 280x. Today I attempted to hook up a tv via hdmi. I had the extended desktop which is usually on my second monitor to display on the tv. Which was ok but not exactly what I was trying to do. So I figured I'll just switch back to how I had it and disabled the tv as a display. But when I booted back up to Windows the extended desktop that I had displayed on the tv is now displaying on my main monitor and nothing is being displayed on the second monitor. Its like its in standby mode despite the fact that its connected. And to top it all off I can't access the Catalyst Control Center because it is loading on the main desktop which I cannot see due to the fact that it won't let me. I have un-installed and re-installed the drivers twice and still the problem remains.
    I have had to temporarily disconnect my second monitor because I have no way to see anything if I have it connected.

The first pic is my main monitor which is what I use to play games, watch YouTube, etc. The second pic is my second monitor which is supposed to display on my second monitor but when I plug it in the extended desktop gets displayed on my main monitor and without the icons. The clock, weather, HDD usage, network activity, etc is supposed to display on my second monitor too but it doesn't because I have only main monitor connected for now. I cannot figure out why it won't detect both displays when they're both plugged in.
    Does your card have any kind of limitation on what can be plugged into where?

My 980 doesn't allow certain combinations of ports to be used.
    Intel i7-4790K l Nepton-280L AIO Cooler l Asus Z97-Pro Gamer Motherboard l 32GB G.Skill RAM l Asus Strix 980TI SLI l Acer X34 100hz Ultrawide | Dell 30" U3011 l Corsair K90 | Logitech G9x l Asus Xonar Essence STX l ATH-AD 900X l 1TB Samsung 840 SSD l WD 1.5tb HDD l W7 l Fractal Define R5 l Seasonic 1050W PSU

I had problems with specific ports also when I put in my new 980Ti and connected my 3 screens - could only get 2 of the 3 screens working, tried driver install, connecting each screen 1 at a time etc. Had me frustrated for 4 hours until I removed the DP connected on the edge of the card into the DP closer to the middle of the card and Blammo - everything was fine.
    Figured the DP's on the card have an "order" they prefer things connected in - maybe your card is the same?
    Kondrakin : No point being frustrated when all the great knowledgeable folks here can help - and they work cheap :}
    Havsco : Are you calling me a whore? Oh wait....
    Slimshady : At least you're not a 2 bit whore, you'd charge 8 bits to take a byte out of a pussy.