Default Building PC for my Sister - Budget $600 - $700

Hey guys,

I haven't been on here since I build my PC 3 or 4 years ago but everyone was super helpful at the time so here we go again.

My sister wants to play some city building games, probably the sims 3 and just some steam indie games like stardew valley. I know most of those aren't going to kill a PC but for city building games I assume a good CPU is needed, she isn't that fussed on graphics and that can always be added later

And the budget doesn't include peripherals ike monitors, mouse, etc, I have plenty lying around.

Cheers, Sam.

An RX 460 or GTX 1050Ti can do a bunch of heavy lifting for 1080p. You may want to wait a few weeks for AMD to announce the full spread of Ryzen CPUs, because you should be able to get an i5 equivalent for very cheap.

Agree with DrWilkenstein, Ryzen looks to be an intense competitor for value CPU processing
    And the 1050ti is a fantastic budget card for 1080p light gaming, and if you go after market you can get a small bump in performance (Such as our GTX1050 ti G1 Gaming)

Building budget PC's are getting pretty good
    Roscosity | Gigabyte ANZ Community Manager
    Gigabyte VGA