Page 495 of 496 FirstFirst ... 395445485493494495496 LastLast
Results 4,941 to 4,950 of 4951

I see everyone's eager to display their level of phail for the world to see, so I'll go first.

I just got to 30 in standard form.

*incoming "I used to be able to..."*

I haven't done a regular program of pushups for ages, I got up to about 50 a few years ago but since then I've been on and off with the fitness work. When I do a quick couple sets of 15-20 before I go out I usually do them reverse inclined on fists for that little bit extra.

And also so that I can say I do reverse inclined pushups. Sounds better.
    Elizabeth Collins: "Do you think the sexes should be equal?"
    Victoria Winters: "Heavens, no. Men would become quite unmanageable"

Thats actually really good straight of the bat man.

I've been doing them as part of a circuit a few times a week. Was pulling up sore, but have found taking magnesium after excersize works wonders.

The most I've done in one hit since starting Muay Thai was 20, but thought I'd just see how many I could do in a row and hit 60. That was after 45min of hitting the heavy bag, but I dont really think the result would have been much different if it was straight after the warmup instead.

Reverse incline is tough. lots of load on the shoulders. Not my forte'. We often do regular incline pushups but using lowered olympic rings as a handhold. So stability is key. Easier on the arms, but hard on the core.

Pushups are one of the easier things my (awesome) sadist trainer has us do. Have a 1.5hr session tonight. I bet he makes us do burpees again.
    Last edited by mickthebarman; 17-06-14 at 03:01 PM.
    i7 4770K : HD7970 : MSI Z87-GD65 : Bitfenix Survivor Core : 750w Sliverstone PSU : Samsung 840 250gb SSD

Quote Originally Posted by mickthebarman View Post
    ............... but I dont really think the result would have been much different if it was straight after the warmup instead.
    Who knows may have been worse, I find my rowing sprints are always quicker at the end of my work out. Then again if for some reason [other wise known as someone's using the bars] I leave my weighted dips to the very end of my workout once my chest and tri's are thoroughly taxed my lifts are pretty woeful.

Doing pushups on the olympic rings would be sweet, unfortunately there not the most common piece of equipment in gyms.

Quote Originally Posted by Leucine View Post
    Who knows may have been worse, I find my rowing sprints are always quicker at the end of my work out. Then again if for some reason [other wise known as someone's using the bars] I leave my weighted dips to the very end of my workout once my chest and tri's are thoroughly taxed my lifts are pretty woeful.

Doing pushups on the olympic rings would be sweet, unfortunately there not the most common piece of equipment in gyms.
    Yeah, it's funny that hey.
    I find with pads and sparring, I dont really start to fire until the second or third round, so there's that. But I also find I can still go really hard when we do strength work after a session.
    Pushups and abs are always the last thing we do.

Tonight was cool. Hard but cool.
    We did a seven station circuit, one minute each station, with a minute's rest between circuits. 4 circuits, then did 5min of ab work.

Station 1: Plyometric jumps over a box, another box, into a tractor tire, out of the tire, over a 3rd box, then turn around and go again.

Station 2: Dont know what you call in but a wieghted bar attached to the floor. 15kg. Side to side with straight arms.

Station 3: My old mate burpees

Station 4: heavy bag, speed combo, 4 punches.

Station 5: 1kg dumbell in each hand. Straight punces, keeping guard up. (Tougher than it sounds after a minute)

Station 6: Double knee, double knee in thai clinch on the teardrop bag.

Station 7: Weighted bar. Overhand grip, Clean to shoulders, press, slow return.

All these were emphasis on speed, so 100% flat out. 1min rest after 7 stations. Then repeat 4 times.

Sparring tomorrow. Always fun.
    Last edited by mickthebarman; 17-06-14 at 09:25 PM.
    i7 4770K : HD7970 : MSI Z87-GD65 : Bitfenix Survivor Core : 750w Sliverstone PSU : Samsung 840 250gb SSD

So today I ate a reasonably large stack of pancakes for afternoon tea and had a burrito for breakfast
    I'll get to 1000 posts... one day

Sounds awesome. I still do that too. hahaha. I'm far from a clean eater.
    I have a weakness for pancakes.....with bacon and maple syrup. sooooo good.

I'm wondering how much longer I can keep this up before I start gaining obscene amounts of weight
    I'll get to 1000 posts... one day

I have a fast metabolism, so it doesn't seem to matter. I only put weight on when I put on muscle, but everyone's different. If you excersise, or have a physical job, you'll probably delay the inevitable for a while but if your calorie intake far exceeds your output, it wont take too long...
    I've been bad lately, and I feel it when I train.

Get at me!

BroScience. A tongue in cheek look at gym culture and general bro attitudes. I find it quite amusing and recommend having a look through some of the videos on offer.

https://www.youtube.com/user/BroScienceLife/videos
    Though I fly through the valley of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 80 000 feet and climbing.

Exercises to Reduce Upper Back pain
    1. Neck rolls
    2. Shoulder Shrugs
    3. Shoulder rolls
    4. Front Butterfly wings
    5. Shoulder Blade Squeeze
    6. Thoracic Extension
    7. Seated Twist
    8. Additional Exercises
    These exercises are easily available on the internet and I hope this will help in reducing the chronic back pain of the readers.